Week of January 11, 2021
No Daytime Lane Closures are anticipated this week.
Nighttime Lane Closures possible between the hours of 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM, Monday 1/11 through Thursday 1/14 nights, weather permitting:
- I-91 NB (Great Meadow Road to Exit 29) for bridge demolition
I-91 SB (Exit 28 to Exit 26) for median work
Nighttime Road Closures with Detours
No Closures and Detours are anticipated this week.
No closures are anticipated Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, 1/15 through 1/17.
Click on the blue links below to see photos of, or announcements about, the work.
- Route 5/15 traffic shift onto widened Charter Oak Bridge
- Forming curbing and parapets; pouring concrete for new I-91 NB Exit 29 bridge (Bridge 6947)
- Retaining Wall 103 excavation (new Exit 29 on-ramp); setting precast units and backfill
- Form and pour abutment 1 wing wall and abutment 2 (Route 5/15 over Silver Lane in East Hartford - Bridge 5796)
- Curbing installation and closure pour of the median barrier over Silver Lane (Bridge 5796)
- Welding and pile driving (Route 5/15 over Main Street in East Hartford - Bridge 6043)
- Route 5/15 NB Exit 89 traffic shift continue
Long-term Road Closure and Detours