Work for the improvement of I-91 southbound (SB) in Wethersfield continues.
Work will include the following operations:
- Moving barrier on I-91 SB to prepare a work zone
- Removal of nine thirty-foot sections of the existing sound barrier wall
- Tree cutting/removal on CTDOT property behind existing sound wall sections removed (to be done during the day shifts)
- Drainage and sign foundation work
- Reinstallation of new sound barrier wall sections to match the existing wooden wall
We anticipate the work will be completed in April, 2022, weather permitting.