No Daytime Lane Closures are anticipated this week.
Nighttime Lane Closures possible between the hours of 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM, Monday 1/18 through Thursday 1/21 nights, weather permitting:
I-91 NB (Exit 25/26 to Exit 29) for median demolition
Route 5/15 NB (Exit 87 to Exit 91) for winter epoxy striping
Nighttime Road Closures with Detours
No Closures and Detours are anticipated this week.
No closures are anticipated Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, 1/22 through 1/24.
Click on the blue links below to see photos of, or announcements about, the work.
- Route 5/15 traffic shift onto widened Charter Oak Bridge
- Forming curbing and parapets; pouring concrete for new I-91 NB Exit 29 bridge (Bridge 6947)
- Retaining Wall 103 excavation (new Exit 29 on-ramp); setting precast units and backfill
- Form and pour abutment 1 wing wall and abutment 2 (Route 5/15 over Silver Lane in East Hartford - Bridge 5796)
- Curbing installation and closure pour of the median barrier over Silver Lane (Bridge 5796)
- Welding and pile driving (Route 5/15 over Main Street in East Hartford - Bridge 6043)
- Route 5/15 NB Exit 89 traffic shift continue
Long-term Road Closure and Detours